martes, 13 de enero de 2015

4th evaluable practice

Task: Write a short Opinion essay (around 250 words) positioning yourself against something most people agree (but you do not).


Small towns vs big cities

 Living in a small town is better than living in a big city, although most people think that big cities are better than villages. 
 I have always lived in a small town where there was only one school, one high school and a small medical centre. When you live in a village, you know all the people from your same village and a lot of people from the nearest villages. But, when you live in a big city sometimes you do not even know your neighbours, and that is a little sad.
 However, villages are very peaceful and there is a lot less pollution. Last month, when I travelled to Madrid, I realized that that I could not see any stars in the sky and that made me feel unhappy. Besides, nowadays everybody has a car or knows someone with a car, so if you need something from the city, you can go by car or by public transport.
 In a small town you will never arrive late to places because of the traffic and at big cities there are more robberies than in small villages. Furthermore, villages have beautiful traditions and parties typical from each village. In my town there is a beautiful tradition that consists in all the people that turn 18 each year meeting and having dinner together, and throwing straw in the town. 
 Summarising, I have lived in a town and I am living in a city, and I am against the stress, the pollution and all the problems of the cities.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario